Mobile International Center for Traditional Childbearing (ICTC) - Nizamabad district, Andhra Pradesh
As part of the Public Private Partnerships Program in Andhra Pradesh, as well as the Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) program, a SACS-funded Mobile International Center for Traditional Childbearing (ICTC) is being operated in the Nizamabad district of Andhra Pradesh. The purpose of the ICTC is to reach the unreached Most At Risk Populations (MARPs) and pregnant women with HIV counseling and testing services, with the following specific objectivities:
- To increase awareness among pregnant women and high risk populations
- To increase the uptake of HIV testing among pregnant women and high risk populations
- To increase the uptake of care, support and treatment (CST) services among the identified HIV positive pregnant women and MARPs.
From April 2010 to September 2012:
- 6,351 pregnant women were counseled and tested for HIV.
- 17 pregnant women were identified as HIV positive during this time period.
- 22,149 MARPs were provided with counseling and testing services,
- 234 MARPs were identified as HIV positive.