SAATHII’s Chennai office functions as the administrative and finance headquarters of the organization. It was established in 2002-2003, and has moved locations twice: once from its original home at the ABK-AOTS Dosokai Japanese language training centre at Chateau d'Ampa, Nelson Manickam Road, to Pushpa Nagar Main Road (Nungambakkam), and to Kalakshetra Colony, Besant Nagar, in 2015.
As of 2018, SAATHII's Chennai office program teams oversee multi-state programs in Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (Svetana), diagnosis and treatment of pediatric TB in the private sector (CapTB), enhancing HIV testing and access to continuum of care in prisons and other closed settings (Subhiksha), and programs on access to rights and services for LGBTIQA+ communities (Vistaara, Empower and Access).
Previous programs in the Chennai office have worked on technical assistance, demonstration, service delivery and advocacy, to facilitate enhanced access to HIV services across institutional, community, and home-based care (TNFCC), strengthening decentralization of HIV care to sub-district level (IMAI, HIV Mainstreaming), private sector STI services for key populations (Nakshatra), social and legal service access for PLHIV and HIV-affected communities (Svavritti), interventions to end/mitigate domestic violence and ensure property rights for women affected by HIV/AIDS (POLL), technical assistance to district program managers, community-based collectives, positive networks, and NGOs (Samarth), HIV-inclusive Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (HIV-IMNCI), treatment literacy for MSM and people who inject drugs (WHO), among others.
- Project Svetana: Expanding Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV services in private sector hospitals of 14 states and union territories of India
- Project Svavritti: Faiclitating Access to Social Protect and Legal Services for People living with HIV/AIDS, Women who sell sex, Transgender women and other gender/sexual minorities, and People who inject Drugs in Eight States of India For project reports and documents, go to client literacy material on schemes and services.
- HIV-inclusive IMNCI: Integrating HIV into Management of Maternal, Neonatal and Childhood Illness
- Project Empower: Advocacy to Address Discrimination against sexual minorities in Odisha and North-East India
- Empowering Women living with or affected by HIV/AIDS (WLAHIV) through Property Ownership and Legal Literacy (POLL)
- Tamil Nadu Family Care Continuum Program
- Project Nakshatra: Increasing Access to STI Treatment Services
- Mainstreaming Care and Support Services in Government Sector Medical Institutions: Salem District, Tamil Nadu
- SAMARTH Project
- Integrated Management of Adolescent and Adult Illness (IMAI) in Karur district, Tamil Nadu
- Using Information Communication Technologies (ICT) for building the capacities of HIV/AIDS service providers in India
- Cross-section study on prevalence on sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS among Trans-women residing in Chennai, Tamil nadu
- Technical Assistance to Child Fund India
- Training of Patient Counselors
- Capacity Building of Nurses of Avahan supported Partners
- Development of Patient and Provider Education Materials- Factsheets on HIV/AIDS