Dr. Raghavan of SAATHII is part of a World Health Organization (WHO) initiative on “positive synergies” between stakeholders and researchers worldwide to work collaboratively to enhance knowledge and increase findings on the interactions between global health initiatives and national health systems. This initiative leads to accelerated health progress and more strategic direction of resources.
The following reports that emerged from this initiative can be accessed at: http://www.who.int/healthsystems/publications/positivesynergiesdocs/en/index.html
- Reports and Presentation from the first three expert consultations on positive synergies[1, 2, 3 ]
- Country case studies developed by the Academic and Civil Society Consortium [Academic, Civil Society]
- Presentations from The Mexico Panel on Maximizing Positive Synergies Between Health Systems and Global Health Initiatives [Download]
- Declaration from the High Level Dialogue, Venice, Italy – 23 June, 2009
- Report entitled “A New Approach to Global Health - Positive Synergies” [Download]